- Nose: Cherry candy with ripe banana, chestnuts, and cinnamon on the nose.
- Palate: Woodiness, sandalwood and gentle spice, before sweet Sakura pedals.
- Finish: Spicy cherry with savoury notes, leading to a floral, spring-like finish
The effect of the sakura wood on this dram are outstanding. On the nose, it brings ripe banana, candied chestnuts, cinnamon and hints of pine. As you continue to sniff, there’s a distinct warming woodiness reminiscent of a sauna. These combine with a centre palate woodiness, sandalwood and gentle spice, before sweet cherries cut through the more savoury notes, leading to a floral, spring-like finish. A little water brings out hints of hibiscus and Turkish delight, with lingering peppery notes that all mingle elegantly.
Kamiki Sakura Awards
- “DOUBLE GOLD” Award - 2019 Cigar & Spirits Magazine
“GOLD” Award - 2019 China Wine and Spirits Awards
- “PLATINUM” Award - 2019 SIP Awards
“DOUBLE GOLD” Award - 2019 Women’s Wine & Spirit Awards.
- “CONSUMER’S CHOICE” Award - 2019 SIP Awards
- “INNOVATION” Award- 2019 SIP Awards
- “DOUBLE GOLD” Award - 2019 Las Vegas Spirit Awards
“GOLD” Award - 2019 San Diego Spirit Awards
- World’s first whisky made with Japanese Sakura Cask finish.
- World’s first whisky aged using tree wood: Oak, Cedar, Cherry blossom.
- Protected and blessed by Omiwa Priests, the oldest alcohol temple in Japan.
- Multiple awards and limited availability worldwide.
ABOUT KAMIKI WHISKY:
Kamiki is the first whisky in the world with a Japanese Cedar Cask Finish. A highly secretive blend of rare Japanese malt whiskies, pure Japanese spring water and the finest malt whiskies from the rest of the world. Blended at its peak flavour, rather than a predetermined ratio. Non-Chill-Filtered at 48% alcohol to keep natural flavours at maximum.
Unique Second Maturation
Kamiki rests its whisky in Yoshino Sugi casks, commonly known as the “Japanese Cedar.” This wood is indigenous to Japan and for centuries has been used to make temples. It is considered best for local drink casks because of its refreshing scented flavour, pleasant fragrance and soft texture that helps calm the mind and the body. Kamiki Whisky is rested a second time in Yoshino Sugi cedar casks to capture a perfectly smooth taste, a scent of sandalwood on the nose and a zest of green tea in the finish. This second maturation makes Kamiki whisky unique.