The first whisky in the world with a Japanese Cedar cask finish
Multiple-award winning whisky. It has a smooth taste, complex flavour driven by pure malted barley. It has been aged in oak barrels minimum of three years then aged a second time in non-charred local cedar casks. Kamiki Intense is an exclusive version of Kamiki Original whisky that is aged twice as long to satisfy lovers of bold flavour.
"Another new experience for me after 30 years of doing this job. I have, in the past, had oak casks which have offered a cedar aroma...but never cedar itself! A sedate whisky but with a definite twist!” - Jim Murray Whisky Bible
- Nose: A perfectly balanced heather honey and sandalwood.
- Palate: Sweet caramel, Japanese plum and balanced oak with peat F
- Finish: Hints of toffee and a long-lasting finish with a zest of green tea.
Kamiki Intense Awards:
- “91.00 Points” - 2020 Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible
- “Chairman’s Trophy”, Highest Award- 2019 Ultimate Spirit Challenge
- “SILVER” - 2019 Singapore World Spirits Competition
- “PLATINUM” 2018 Award from SIP
- “DOUBLE GOLD” - 2018 San Diego Spirits Competition
- “SILVER” - 2018 San Francisco Spirits Competition
“GOLD” - 2018 CIGAR and SPIRITS Magazine Competition
- World’s first whisky made with Japanese Cedar Cask finish.
- Pure malt whisky with unique second ageing following local traditions.
- Protected and blessed by Omiwa Priests, the oldest alcohol temple in Japan.
- Multiple awards and limited availability worldwide.
ABOUT KAMIKI WHISKY:
Kamiki is the first whisky in the world with a Japanese Cedar Cask Finish. A highly secretive blend of rare Japanese malt whiskies, pure Japanese spring water and the finest malt whiskies from the rest of the world. Blended at its peak flavour, rather than a predetermined ratio. Non-Chill-Filtered at 48% alcohol to keep natural flavours at maximum.
Unique Second Maturation
Kamiki rests its whisky in Yoshino Sugi casks, commonly known as the “Japanese Cedar.” This wood is indigenous to Japan and for centuries has been used to make temples. It is considered best for local drink casks because of its refreshing scented flavour, pleasant fragrance and soft texture that helps calm the mind and the body. Kamiki Whisky is rested a second time in Yoshino Sugi cedar casks to capture a perfectly smooth taste, a scent of sandalwood on the nose and a zest of green tea in the finish. This second maturation makes Kamiki whisky unique.