Uncle Val’s Botanical Gin presents a complex and subtly pleasing sensation of flavours.
Uncle Val’s is a small-batch botanical gin inspired by Zio Valerio’s ('zio' means ‘uncle’ in Italian) love of gardening and Tuscan cuisine. The botanicals were chosen because they were not only Uncle Val’s favourite cooking ingredients, but also happen to make a truly unique and smoothly delicious gin.
Raise your glass and you’ll notice crisp aromas of sage and juniper. Your first sip will bring out a bright lemon taste, which gives way to a warm, spicy, lavender finish, softened by the coolness of cucumber. Each sip bolsters the botanical flavours, along with a continuous presence of piney juniper.
- NOSE: On the nose, you’ll notice crisp, bright aromas of sage and juniper.
- MOUTHFEEL: Crisp and cool sensation that steadily softens.
SIP: You’ll taste bright lemon, which then gives way to a warm, spicy, lavender finish. Further along, you’ll experience the cooling effect of the cucumber. Each sip bolsters the botanical flavours, along with a continuous presence of piney juniper.
Pairing Suggestions from Neat to Sweet
This Botanical Gin is a wonderful way to fancy up old classics like Arnold Palmers, mimosas or a gin fizz. It also mixes beautifully with native Tuscan herbs, from red valerian and thyme to lemon balm and mint. To round out straight martinis and a neat drink, try lightly sweet garnishes like candied ginger, cinnamon sticks, pear, dehydrated apple or cucumber.
Read the reviews on the Uncle' Vals website.
- 96 Points: The Tasting Panel
- 90 Points: The Wine Enthusiast, April 2013
- Juniper: the quintessential gin ingredient, juniper adds a dash of that distinctive “gin” taste to Uncle Val’s.
- Cucumber: adds a cooling effect to the taste, along with subtle freshness cues.
- Lemon: the citrus zing provides balance amongst the botanicals, along with the added benefit of crispness.
- Sage: derived from the phrase “to be saved,” sage has been held in high regard throughout history both for it’s culinary and medicinal properties. Helps make you feel more alert, calm and contented, with the effects lasting.
Lavender: historically used for its calming effect, it reduces stress, aids in sleep.
- All-natural ingredients
- No artificial flavours, colours, or additives
About Uncle Val's
Uncle Val’s is an American brand of gin manufactured in Northern California. It offers small-batch gins inspired by creator Zio Valerio’s love of gardening and native Tuscan cuisine. Botanicals are Uncle Val’s favourite cooking ingredient and also make exceptionally unique, smoothly delicious gin. Each bottle is hand-numbered and carefully placed in cases of six 750-ml bottles.
A big reason Uncle Val’s tastes so exquisite is that, unlike dry gins, Val's ingredients are added after distillation. The filtration and purification of the base occurs first, lowering impurities to under 0.0005% for minimum hangover. Then Val's special botanicals are added, allowing flavour profiles to evolve with a high degree of control.