Uncle Val's Restorative American Gin- 70cl, 45%
PRODUCT TYPE: Classic Gin
You Save: £3.00 (8%)
No pressure, but we only have 88 left in Stock!
Uncle Val’s Restorative Gin exhibits a crisp, floral taste profile that harkens back to the classic American gin. Awakening your olfactory senses with its refreshingly bright taste and pleasing bouquet, the gin lives up to the name Restorative. This gin is great on its own – as Uncle Valerio would’ve undoubtedly preferred – but it’s also well suited to cocktails, adding a complex yet sublime blend of flavours to your recipe.
Creating an intriguing first impression, the nose offers crisp juniper berry, soft Gourdy cucumber and the slightest hint of rose petal. The following sip feels crisp upfront and silky going down with refreshing notes of citrus, coriander and juniper that pleasantly evolve to a finish of cucumber, along with a wisp of rose petals.
- NOSE: Crisp juniper berry, soft Gourdy cucumber and the slightest hint of rose petal comprise the nose, making for a soothing and intriguing first impression.
- MOUTHFEEL: Crisp upfront and silky going down.
SIP: Refreshing notes of citrus, coriander and juniper pass over the tongue to the soft palate, where the taste pleasantly evolves to a finish of cucumber with a wisp of rose petals.
Martini Pairing Suggestions
To subdue the floral notes and accentuate the savoury coriander and juniper, you can add a sodium ingredient, like an olive. To enhance the floral notes, add a citrus twist. Additionally, lowering the temperature lessens the floral notes while emphasizing coriander.
- 2019 Best American Classic Gin: 2019 World Gin Awards
- 94 Points: The Tasting Panel October 2014
- 4 Stars, Highly Recommended: F. Paul Pacult's Spirit Journal, September 2015
- 93 Points, Top 100 Spirits 2015: Wint Enthusiast August 2015
- Juniper: The classic gin ingredient, juniper provides a distinctly crisp aroma and delicate bite.
- Coriander: The coriander lends a delicious and assertive taste, which contrasts nicely with the cucumber and rose.
- Cucumber: By adding a cooling effect to the taste, along with subtle freshness cues, the cucumber works with the rose to balance the flavours.
- Rose Petals: Originally grown for teas, the large petals of the Grandiflora provide a soothing aroma and calming taste.
- All-natural ingredients
- No artificial flavours, colours, or additives
About Uncle Val'sUncle Val’s is an American brand of gin manufactured in Northern California. It offers small-batch gins inspired by creator Zio Valerio’s love of gardening and native Tuscan cuisine. Botanicals are Uncle Val’s favourite cooking ingredient and also make exceptionally unique, smoothly delicious gin. Each bottle is hand-numbered and carefully placed in cases of six 750-ml bottles.
A big reason Uncle Val’s tastes so exquisite is that, unlike dry gins, Val's ingredients are added after distillation. The filtration and purification of the base occurs first, lowering impurities to under 0.0005% for minimum hangover.