Uncle Val’s Peppered Gin is both an excellent sipping gin and a highly versatile mixing gin for cocktails. It represents a truly unique flavour profile, starting with sharp peppercorn and evolving into char and juniper. Bold yet smooth, it stays true to the Uncle Val’s line of gins.
- NOSE: A firm blast of black peppercorn and a hint of charred red peppers.
- MOUTHFEEL: A distinctly bold pepper flavour with a tinge of salt on the palate, along with a pleasant tingle.
SIP: Flavor starts with a crisp, salty pepper and morphs into sour on the middle tongue with soft sweet juniper and charred red peppers, followed with a pleasant and lingering peppercorn finish.
Mixing SuggestionsA mixologist’s best friend, the gin’s intriguing combination of savoury roasted red bell peppers, freshly infused hot and sweet pimento cherry peppers, spicy black peppercorn and juniper make a wonderful canvas for some truly tasty and thoroughly unique craft cocktails. Blends agreeably with classic citrus, fruits and natural sodas.
Critical AcclaimRead the reviews on the Uncle' Vals website.
- 96 Points: The Tasting Panel
- 3 Stars, Recommend: F. Paul Pacult's Spirit Journal, September 2015
- Juniper: the quintessential gin ingredient, juniper adds a dash of that distinctive “gin” taste to Uncle Val’s.
- Red Bell Pepper: The roasted red peppers provide a unique, earthy smokiness.
- Black Pepper: Lends a strong, clear pepper flavour that permeates throughout.
Pimento: Also known as cherry pepper, the pimentos provides a savoury sensation.
- All-natural ingredients
- No artificial flavours, colours, or additives
About Uncle Val's
Uncle Val’s is an American brand of gin manufactured in Northern California. It offers small-batch gins inspired by creator Zio Valerio’s love of gardening and native Tuscan cuisine. Botanicals are Uncle Val’s favourite cooking ingredient and also make exceptionally unique, smoothly delicious gin. Each bottle is hand-numbered and carefully placed in cases of six 750-ml bottles.
A big reason Uncle Val’s tastes so exquisite is that, unlike dry gins, Val's ingredients are added after distillation. The filtration and purification of the base occurs first, lowering impurities to under 0.0005% for minimum hangover. Then Val's special botanicals are added, allowing flavour profiles to evolve with a high degree of control.